The Case Bedechka Documentary Website
Technologies used in the project
The Case Bedechka is an independent documentary about the destruction and conservation of urban green-spaces.
I've acted as a one-man-army, creating the web presence of the documentary. From UI design through server-setup and deployment I basically did everything, leveraging the full range of my capabilities and learning a lot on the way.
- UI Design: Apart from the illustrations and logo all the website's UI was designed by me, using mostly vanilla (S)CSS
- Created a dynamic, database driven website, with most of the content editable from a custom made admin interface, using Symfony and Doctrine
- Created interactive maps, with Leaflet.js and later extended it using react-leaflet
- Used Symfony Encore to add modern frontend stack (TypeScript, SCSS, React) to a page-by-page server-rendered application
- Created a performant frontend using various optimization techniques (consistent +90% Lighthouse scores)
- Configured hosting environment and setup CI/CD pipeline using Github Actions
- Created a portable dev environment using Docker