Tracking Corruption Around EU Agricultural Funds in Hungary
Technologies used in the project
Helping Hungary's leading anti-corruption NGO to create a search application and blog for analyzing the flow of EU agricultural funds in Hungary.
I've worked within a team of four (backend developer, designer and project manager and myself) to create the WordPress site and the search application that can be embedded as a widget.
I was also involved in some architectural discussions, affecting the choice of technologies used.
- Create a portable dev environment for the custom WordPress theme with Docker
- Implement a custom, light-weight WordPress theme, using the least amount of plugins and third-party code
- Lot of in-browser design since some details weren't worked out (especially in terms of responsivity) and our designer had limited availability
- Build the UI for the search-application (our backend developer built a basic HTML-only prototype with Alpine.js on which I had to add some design and UI-logic)
- Implement a custom PHP API-client inside the WordPress team to get some articles directly from a third-party website and display them on of the pages of WordPress